Edgar Allan Poe Community College

Edgar Allan Poe Community College
Join Us!

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Crop Circles Appear On Hairy Guy's Back.

 I’m a man with an excess body hair problem that has made me the object of ridicule since puberty. At the age of thirteen, when most of my buddies sported a whisker or two, I grew a full hipster beard to hide my acne. I became successful with girls, I guess, as sort of a whiskery novelty item. They called me the Bearded Man, like I was some kind of sideshow act. They kept coming around, so I didn’t mind.

     
But things went haywire over the next few years. By the age of sixteen, I had thick tufts of wiry black hair on the top of my shoulders and so much “fur” on my torso and legs that the gym coach made me wear a full-body wet suit during swim class. He said he was worried my loose hairs would clog the filter, but I think he did it just to humiliate me.
     
I became an introvert. After graduating from high school, I took a job as a night janitor in an empty office tower so no one could see me. I threw in the towel and gave up on shaving. One Christmas I dyed my beard white and played Santa Claus at a shopping mall. I wound up being so popular with the kids that I quit my janitor gig. Now, I’m already booked solid for the next two holiday seasons. Amazingly, I earn enough as Santa Claus every winter to take the summer months off—when I allow my beard to go back to black.
     
This is where my problems with crop circles began. My confidence renewed, I started going out more, even venturing to the beaches of Lake Michigan near where I live. I’m sure I must have been a ridiculous sight to some eyes, what with thick body hair everywhere, but secretly knowing I was the Midwest’s #1 Santa Claus helped their wisecracks roll off my back.
     
Then, a few days ago, while on my favorite remote part of the beach, I woke up from a pleasant slumber to notice something strange on my back. Parts of it were completely bare. Large clumps of hair were in the sand surrounding my towel. I ran to my car two hundred yards away. Looking in the rear view mirror, I got the surprise of my life: an intricate pattern had been shaved on my back hair.
    
I thought I had been the victim of pranksters until I saw an online photo of a crop circle that had appeared in a farmer’s wheat field. Shockingly, it was the exact same pattern that had been fashioned in my body hair this September. I tried to find who had posted the picture with no success. It appeared have been generated from somewhere in Eastern Europe. And it was gone when I searched again just before creating this post.  
     
That, to say the least, was a crushing disappointment. However, I will swear to this day that the same entities that created the crop circle in the farmer’s wheat field cut the pattern on my back.
     
While I feel honored that I was chosen as the first human “canvas” for their mysterious art, I am now afraid to go outside for fear they will strike again. And Christmas is coming up soon. I’m terrified I’ll have to cancel all my Santa Claus bookings. My sole source of income will disappear. I’ll get evicted from my apartment. Where will I hide then?

Here’s what I’m urgently trying to get through to all readers of my cautionary tale:
   
This is a horror story not just for me, but for all hirsute men.

by: Anonymous
Transcribed by Dawnlee Hope, Jr. 
Paranormal Journalism Curriculum
Edgar Allan Poe Community College

No comments:

Post a Comment